Hurricane Harvey devastated large swaths of southeastern Texas over the weekend in an unprecedented deluge that has left hundreds of thousands of people without power, resulted in at least nine deaths and caused untold damage to the region. Heavy rainfall continues to pummel many areas even after the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm.
To get a sense of the scope of the damage, here’s a series of before-and-after photos. Drag the bar between them to see the difference between the pre-storm and post-storm images.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time