Hurricane Harvey devastated large swaths of southeastern Texas over the weekend in an unprecedented deluge that has left hundreds of thousands of people without power, resulted in at least nine deaths and caused untold damage to the region. Heavy rainfall continues to pummel many areas even after the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm.
To get a sense of the scope of the damage, here’s a series of before-and-after photos. Drag the bar between them to see the difference between the pre-storm and post-storm images.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve