1. “We are living through a battle for the soul of this nation.”
By Joe Biden in the Atlantic
2. Why we must still defend free speech.
By David Cole in the New York Review of Books
3. Move Americans to jobs, not the other way around.
By Mihir Desai in Bloomberg View
4. When shopping online, don’t let reviews fool you into making bad decisions.
By the Association for Psychological Science
5. New research says we might pick life partners who look familiar.
By Tamsin Saxton in Aeon
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction