The dramatic video tracks Swift’s progress from a ghoulish zombie in a graveyard to a royal throne where she’s served tea by a snake. Other meaningful cameos: a slew of other iterations of Swift, dressed up in previous versions of the singer’s own persona, from the guitar-wielding Fearless era to her “Shake It Off” ballerina look.
Naturally, the internet was awash in reactions to the at-times comic, at-times intense video.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now