The dramatic video tracks Swift’s progress from a ghoulish zombie in a graveyard to a royal throne where she’s served tea by a snake. Other meaningful cameos: a slew of other iterations of Swift, dressed up in previous versions of the singer’s own persona, from the guitar-wielding Fearless era to her “Shake It Off” ballerina look.
Naturally, the internet was awash in reactions to the at-times comic, at-times intense video.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time