The dramatic video tracks Swift’s progress from a ghoulish zombie in a graveyard to a royal throne where she’s served tea by a snake. Other meaningful cameos: a slew of other iterations of Swift, dressed up in previous versions of the singer’s own persona, from the guitar-wielding Fearless era to her “Shake It Off” ballerina look.
Naturally, the internet was awash in reactions to the at-times comic, at-times intense video.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science