President Donald Trump posted a series of tweets criticizing Sen. Mitch McConnell and “fake news” and retweeted an eclipse meme featuring an image of himself moving in front of former President Barack Obama.
“I requested that Mitch M & Paul R tie the Debt Ceiling legislation into the popular V.A. Bill (which just passed) for easy approval. They didn’t do it so now we have a big deal with Dems holding them up (as usual) on Debt Ceiling approval. Could have been so easy-now a mess!” Trump tweeted this morning.
However, yesterday the Office of the White House Press Secretary released a statement saying the Trump and McConnell “remain united on many shared policies, including middle class tax relief, strengthening the military, constructing a southern border wall, and other important issues.”
Shortly after, Trump also addressed comments about his varying speech tones.
“The Fake News is now complaining about my different types of back to back speeches. Well, there was Afghanistan (somber), the big Rally (enthusiastic, dynamic and fun) and the American Legion – V.A. (respectful and strong). Too bad the Dems have no one who can change tones!” Trump tweeted.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time