President Trump will give a speech at the American Legion’s national convention in Reno on Wednesday, carrying on a presidential tradition of addressing the nation’s largest wartime veterans’ organization.
While the group is non-partisan, many on the scene in Reno told reporters they supported Trump and were enthusiastic about his work so far as President.
Still, the American Legion’s leadership has released statements in advance of the event condemning the recent racial hatred on display in Charlottesville. President Trump was criticized for not speaking out against racially-motivated hatred more quickly after those events.
The speech is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m PT / 2 p.m. ET. You can watch live above.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating