While anchor Alastair Stewart was conducting a live ITV Lunchtime News segment with a mother and son about milk-related allergic reactions on Wednesday, that’s exactly what one toddler did to bring more cheer to the situation. Adorably, she made her debut by gliding onto the set in front of the desk. But when that wasn’t enough to make her presence known, she tried to climb onto it.
Stewart was very amused but handled it like a pro.
Obviously this segment belongs to her. This is why interviews on important topics are vastly improved when cute kids burst onto the scene.
Whether or not the ingredients — a serious news topic and an indifferent cute kid — are enough to catalyze this into the viral realm remains to be seen. But these people loved it.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org