The drone footage shows the city of Casper — which was within the path of totality — growing darker as the eclipse progresses. During the minute-long video, street lamps turn on and some fireworks go off, as a crowd of people watches the rare spectacle that crossed the United States on Monday.
Another video of Casper captured by TIME shows the solar eclipse with a 360-degree view.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization