1. Can engineers improve health care for refugees?
By Muhammad Hamid Zaman at Project Syndicate
2. Google is helping track hate crimes with machine learning.
By Taylor Hatmaker at TechCrunch
3. The world is getting hungrier. A global fish war might be the result.
By Jay Caputo at the U.S. Naval Institute
4. How free eyeglasses are boosting test scores in Baltimore.
By Sarah Gamard in Politico Magazine
5. We are nowhere close to the limits of athletic performance.
By Stephen Hsu in Nautilus
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far