Police have arrested a man in connection to the killing of three young girls who were found in a Maryland suburb of Washington, D.C.
Prince George’s County Police said Saturday that one of the victims is 6-year-old Nadira Withers, who is the suspect Antonio Williams’s sister. The other victims are 9-year-old Ariana Decree and 6-year-old Ajayah Decree, of Newark, N.J. Ariana and Ajayah are daughters of the suspect’s mother’s cousin.
Police said that the three girls were found stabbed to death by Withers’ mother in a family home in Clinton when she came home from work.
The three young girls were in the sole custody of Williams Friday. He confessed to killing the three girls and detectives are working to establish a motive. He’s been charged with ” three counts of first and second murder and related charges,” according to police.
Prince George’s County Deputy Chief Sammy Patel on Friday called the slayings “one of the most difficult scenes” that the department’s officers have encountered, and said the department will provide counseling services to responding officers, the AP reported.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy