Police have arrested a man in connection to the killing of three young girls who were found in a Maryland suburb of Washington, D.C.
Prince George’s County Police said Saturday that one of the victims is 6-year-old Nadira Withers, who is the suspect Antonio Williams’s sister. The other victims are 9-year-old Ariana Decree and 6-year-old Ajayah Decree, of Newark, N.J. Ariana and Ajayah are daughters of the suspect’s mother’s cousin.
Police said that the three girls were found stabbed to death by Withers’ mother in a family home in Clinton when she came home from work.
The three young girls were in the sole custody of Williams Friday. He confessed to killing the three girls and detectives are working to establish a motive. He’s been charged with ” three counts of first and second murder and related charges,” according to police.
Prince George’s County Deputy Chief Sammy Patel on Friday called the slayings “one of the most difficult scenes” that the department’s officers have encountered, and said the department will provide counseling services to responding officers, the AP reported.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears