Sebastian Gorka, an ally of ousted White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, also faces possible removal from his post as a counterterrorism aide to President Donald Trump, two people with knowledge of the situation said Friday.
Gorka, who previously worked with Bannon at Breitbart News, has appeared regularly on Fox News to speak on the Trump administration’s behalf. Earlier in the year, he drew sharp criticism from Democratic lawmakers after reports he had links to a far-right group in Hungary alleged to be antisemitic. Gorka has dismissed those accusations as groundless and called Trump’s White House one of the “most pro-Israeli administrations in U.S. history.”
Gorka didn’t respond to a request for comment.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow