It appears Taylor Swift has gone dark on all her social media channels.
On Friday morning, devoted fans pulled up her Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter accounts to find that notably, there were no posts at all. Even her official website was entirely blacked out as of Friday morning.
Unsurprisingly, her fans are speculating that this means an album drop can’t be too far off.
She recently won vindication after a jury decided that a radio host David Mueller groped her during a red carpet photo in 2013.
The 1989 singer stepped away from her normal biannual album release cycle in 2016, and has been keeping a relatively low profile for more than half a year.
This year, she released the Fifty Shades Darker collaboration “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” with Zayn, and has been using her social media platform to support fellow artists like Lorde and HAIM.
Back in March, her music industry pal Ed Sheeran told the BBC Swift would probably not release music until the end of 2017 around Christmas, “because that’s when everyone buys records.”
However, if she’s simply going off the grid to take some time to get ready for autumnal drinking season, then her fans would be facing a new age of deficient Taylor Swift levels in their lives.
After opting not to celebrate the Fourth of July, as is her tradition as old as America itself, this would be a tough break for her base.
Time to spend the weekend refreshing her feeds.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now