President Donald Trump‘s Twitter feed prompts a wide range of reactions in different people at different times: laughter, scorn, pride, fear. Cartoonist Shannon Wheeler decided to illustrate those powerful 140-character missives, bringing a critical eye and a sense of humor to Trump’s direct-to-the-public messages.
Wheeler, an Eisner winner whose work has appeared in The New Yorker, The Onion and Mad, has collected the illustrated tweets in a new book, Sh*t My President Says, released Tuesday from IDW publishing. Above, see just some of the book’s exclusive illustrations, which tackle everything from the question of ties to Russia to the President’s stance on nuclear policy.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time