In just two little tweets, totaling less than 280 characters, Rowling managed to target both Fox News and Trump.
As the President has been an avid and ardent Twitter user for years, as many have noted, his critics are quick to spread tweets buried in Trump’s Twitter archive. Rowling seems to have done a little Twitter archaeology to unearth Trump quoting the author and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson:
She responded with an ex post facto zinger:
Trump wasn’t the only target of Rowling’s fiery tweets, though. She also aimed for Fox News after they quoted Trump’s political advisor Stephen Miller.
Rowling retorted with a few words that harked back to the age of great orators (or possibly The Hunger Games):
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org