In just two little tweets, totaling less than 280 characters, Rowling managed to target both Fox News and Trump.
As the President has been an avid and ardent Twitter user for years, as many have noted, his critics are quick to spread tweets buried in Trump’s Twitter archive. Rowling seems to have done a little Twitter archaeology to unearth Trump quoting the author and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson:
She responded with an ex post facto zinger:
Trump wasn’t the only target of Rowling’s fiery tweets, though. She also aimed for Fox News after they quoted Trump’s political advisor Stephen Miller.
Rowling retorted with a few words that harked back to the age of great orators (or possibly The Hunger Games):
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll