White House aide Stephen Miller may have praised President Donald Trump a great orator, but that wouldn’t stop Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling from criticizing him.
In just two little tweets, totaling less than 280 characters, Rowling managed to target both Fox News and Trump.
As the President has been an avid and ardent Twitter user for years, as many have noted, his critics are quick to spread tweets buried in Trump’s Twitter archive. Rowling seems to have done a little Twitter archaeology to unearth Trump quoting the author and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson:
She responded with an ex post facto zinger:
Trump wasn’t the only target of Rowling’s fiery tweets, though. She also aimed for Fox News after they quoted Trump’s political advisor Stephen Miller.
Rowling retorted with a few words that harked back to the age of great orators (or possibly The Hunger Games):
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space