In just two little tweets, totaling less than 280 characters, Rowling managed to target both Fox News and Trump.
As the President has been an avid and ardent Twitter user for years, as many have noted, his critics are quick to spread tweets buried in Trump’s Twitter archive. Rowling seems to have done a little Twitter archaeology to unearth Trump quoting the author and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson:
She responded with an ex post facto zinger:
Trump wasn’t the only target of Rowling’s fiery tweets, though. She also aimed for Fox News after they quoted Trump’s political advisor Stephen Miller.
Rowling retorted with a few words that harked back to the age of great orators (or possibly The Hunger Games):
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year