Friends fans will want to pay attention to this: “Joey” just explained one of the show’s lingering mysteries. Remember way back in Season Three when Joey shows up with his arm in a sling? On Monday night’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! Matt LeBlanc revealed that the sling was not supposed to be part of the show at all, but the result of a real life stunt fail.
In the show, Joey simply shows up with his arm in a sling and makes some excuse about hurting himself while jumping on a bed, which is a very Joey thing to do. He then just goes along his way trying to show Monica that she can’t get over Richard by going to a sperm bank (which is a very Monica thing to think). LeBlanc told Jimmy Kimmel the truth behind that sling, though, and it doesn’t involve jumping up and down on a bed.
As LeBlanc explains in the clip, his arm was in a sling because he had dislocated his shoulder while filming a different episode of the show and it’s quite the story involving a fight over a chair with Chandler, an audience packed with Diet Coke contest winners, and a doctor from the TV show E.R.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve