Friends fans will want to pay attention to this: “Joey” just explained one of the show’s lingering mysteries. Remember way back in Season Three when Joey shows up with his arm in a sling? On Monday night’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! Matt LeBlanc revealed that the sling was not supposed to be part of the show at all, but the result of a real life stunt fail.
In the show, Joey simply shows up with his arm in a sling and makes some excuse about hurting himself while jumping on a bed, which is a very Joey thing to do. He then just goes along his way trying to show Monica that she can’t get over Richard by going to a sperm bank (which is a very Monica thing to think). LeBlanc told Jimmy Kimmel the truth behind that sling, though, and it doesn’t involve jumping up and down on a bed.
As LeBlanc explains in the clip, his arm was in a sling because he had dislocated his shoulder while filming a different episode of the show and it’s quite the story involving a fight over a chair with Chandler, an audience packed with Diet Coke contest winners, and a doctor from the TV show E.R.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating