Serena Williams is getting ready for her new bundle of joy with a little shake, rattle, and roll! The 35-year-old tennis player and her closest friends celebrated her pregnancy yesterday with an amazing 1950s-themed shower, complete with costumes, hairdos, and vintage props.
Williams announced that she’s expecting her first child with fiancé Alexis Ohanian back in April, and if our math is right, her due date is sometime this month! As such, it’s only fitting that the tennis icon’s besties treated her to a fun-filled baby shower with an amazing retro theme. The event, which took place on Saturday, was attended by Venus Williams, Ciara, La La Anthony, Kelly Rowland, Eva Longoria and more.
These ladies went all out for the ’50s theme. Williams opted for a sweet yellow poodle skirt and black long-sleeve top, which she paired with a string of pearls and a red headband. She cradled her growing baby bump as she and her friends posed for pics with a cherry red vintage pickup truck.
Singer Ciara posted tons of ‘grams from the party, showing off her gray poodle shirt, low-cut blouse, and teased ’50s updo. She certainly nailed the theme!
If you look closely, you can even see the wall is painted with a “Baby O’s Diner” sign. It’s all in the details!
RELATED: Serena Williams and Her Fiancé Hilariously Learn How to Swaddle a Baby
Everyone seems super excited to meet Baby O—ourselves included!
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now