1. Here’s how hairstylists can help fight domestic violence.
By Caitlin Moscatello in the Cut
2. Are we overusing sanctions as a foreign policy tool?
By Robert Kahn at the Council on Foreign Relations
3. Most of those billion dollar startups are fooling themselves — and us.
By Julie VerHage at Bloomberg Technology
4. Have smartphones undermined a generation?
By Jean M. Twenge in the Atlantic
5. This collapsible solar lantern is saving refugee lives.
By Rina Raphael in Fast Company
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases