Police cited reports from the medical examiners on Wednesday that said Ashley O’Connor, 30, suffocated under sand. Passersby saw only O’Connor’s arm around 6:30 a.m. Monday morning, and emergency services recovered her body from a large hole that sand filled in, the AP reports.
O’Connor had been vacationing with her family at the resort destination, and she had been separated from them around 2 a.m. on Monday when she was walking on the beach alone.
A spokesperson for the Ocean City police said they are still investigating whether she fell or voluntarily descended into the hole on her own before it was covered with sand, the New York Daily News reports.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror