1. Smaller cities are making a comeback. Now all they need is jobs.
By Aaron Renn in CityLab
2. Iran is outgunning and outsmarting the U.S. across the Middle East. Here’s how.
By Borzou Daragahi at BuzzFeed News
3. What responsibility does the urban campus have to its city?
By the Chronicle of Higher Education
4. Having big tech companies police the web will do more harm than good.
By Tara Wadhwa and Gabriel Ng in Wired
5. The end of college football should be inevitable.
By John Warner at Inside Higher Ed
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction