Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
After downing the poison that Jaime gave to her following the destruction of her family’s ancestral home of Highgarden, the fan-favorite Tyrell matriarch revealed that she was the one who orchestrated the murder of Joffrey — Cersei and Jaime’s firstborn son.
“Must have been horrible for you as a Kingsguard, as a father. It was horrible enough for me,” she said of Joffrey’s death. “A shocking scene. Not at all what I intended. You see, I had never seen the poison work before. Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.”
Viewers already knew this detail, as it was revealed in season four that Olenna conspired with Littlefinger to poison the sadistic king at his wedding to her granddaughter Margaery. However, it clearly came as a shock to Jaime.
See some of the best reactions to the moment below.
The fourth episode of Game of Thrones‘ seventh season airs Aug. 6 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears