A West Palm Beach woman died Wednesday, the same day as her boyfriend’s funeral, leaving their newborn twins orphaned.
Her boyfriend, Jevaughn Suckoo, was found shot and killed in their West Palm Beach apartment complex on July 11. Stephanie Caceres gave birth to their twins three days later.
“I just don’t understand how someone can have the heart to leave three kids without a father especially two that never got the chance to even meet him,” she posted. “They didn’t deserve this! I’m trying I really am to stay strong but this has to be the toughest battle I’ve ever had to fight.”
Wednesday, the same day as Suckoo’s funeral, she died.
Her family said Caceres suffered complications from an infection that resulted from her C-section, the Post reported.
The couple’s family is now focused on the twins’ and the couple’s 2-year-old daughter’s futures.
“We’re just trying to figure out how to move forward from here,” Suckoo’s aunt, Joni Saunders said.
Authorities are still looking for any information regarding Suckoo’s fatal shooting.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org