If lurid tales of online dating have left you cynical, attend the tale of this Tinder user who not only used the dating app to great success, but even got a $400 reimbursement from the company after she missed a flight thanks to a good date with someone from the app.
Erin Kim first documented the saga in a recent “thank you” blog post on Medium, where she detailed how she the dating app “made a lot of magic” in her life especially while she was traveling, thanking them for “the good — the humanity — it has in fact introduced into my life.” One anecdote that Kim shared was of a romantic night that she spent with a connection in Rome, Italy, where she chose to skip a scheduled flight to have an extra day with her date, a choice that ended up costing her $400.
A month after Kim had written her blog post, Tinder wrote a response and offered to reimburse her for the missed flight. And, as Kim documented on her Twitter account, the dating app company made good on their offer, sending her the exact cost of the flight.
Looks like there’s more than one reason to swipe right on Tinder.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022