The White House’s new communications director Anthony Scaramucci likened the United States to a “disruptive startup,” explaining that the country is intent on paving its own path.
“This nation is a disruptive start-up,” Scaramucci told the BBC’s Newsnight on Wednesday, CNBC reports. “It was a group of rich guys that got together and said, you know what, we’re going to break away from the other country and start our own country,” Scaramucci said, referring to the American Revolution.
The communications director went on to say that President Donald Trump is “bringing it back to its roots of disruption,” adding that, “we’re going to disrupt and half the political system to take care of the American people.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time