On the Tuesday night episode of The Late Show, Colbert gathered a few volunteer Boy Scouts around the campfire for a frightening tale of “The Old Bloated Pumpkin Man” who “haunted” their jamboree.
Colbert, who also addressed Trump’s speech in his monologue, aired a sketch featuring troop leader who decides to scare his scouts with a new ghost story—swapping Bigfoot in favor of a much more frightening tale about “Big Foot-in-Mouth.”
Lit by the light of a faux campfire, he tells about the man “with hair like moldy hay” who promised not to talk about politics in front of the Boy Scouts and then did anyway. “Did they understand him?” asks one Scout. “No,” replies their leader. “They were confused.”
That wasn’t the truly scary part of the story, though. No spoilers! Instead, watch the video—if you dare.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow