On the Tuesday night episode of The Late Show, Colbert gathered a few volunteer Boy Scouts around the campfire for a frightening tale of “The Old Bloated Pumpkin Man” who “haunted” their jamboree.
Colbert, who also addressed Trump’s speech in his monologue, aired a sketch featuring troop leader who decides to scare his scouts with a new ghost story—swapping Bigfoot in favor of a much more frightening tale about “Big Foot-in-Mouth.”
Lit by the light of a faux campfire, he tells about the man “with hair like moldy hay” who promised not to talk about politics in front of the Boy Scouts and then did anyway. “Did they understand him?” asks one Scout. “No,” replies their leader. “They were confused.”
That wasn’t the truly scary part of the story, though. No spoilers! Instead, watch the video—if you dare.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart