President Donald Trump’s announcement via Twitter Wednesday morning that the U.S. government “will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military” has sparked outrage online. Some of the most followed vocal dissenters on the Internet were celebrities who took to their social media accounts to sound off on Trump’s ban on trans Americans serving in the army; while some, like Janet Mock, pointed out the sacrifices that transgender service members have made for the country, others like Seth Rogen called on the Trump family to remember the promises that they had made to the LGBTQ community in the past.
See how celebrities reacted to Trump’s transgender military ban below.
Janet Mock brought up the integral role trans individuals have played in the U.S.’s past and present.
As did Caitlyn Jenner.
George Takei warned Trump that the measure disrespected the wrong community.
While Dustin Lance Black pointed out that “don’t ask, don’t tell” wasn’t repealed all that long ago.
Questlove was not here for Trump’s transgender military ban.
Mia Farrow made a case for challenging Trump’s ban.
While Uzo Aduba reaffirmed the equality of all Americans, regardless of their gender identity.
Seth Rogen had a message for Ivanka Trump.
As did James Corden.
Zoe Kazan expressed her gratitude for the current LBGTQ individuals serving in the armed forces.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time