Wonder Woman will be back on the big screen in time for the 2019 holiday season.
Warner Bros. announced Tuesday that Wonder Woman 2 is officially slated to hit theaters Dec. 13, 2019, a date the studio recently staked out for an undisclosed “WB event film.” The sequel will also be screened in IMAX.
The first Wonder Woman movie, directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Gal Gadot in the title role, opened to strong reviews in June and has raked in more than $389 million at the domestic box office, making it the highest-grossing film of the summer. Making a sequel was a no-brainer, and Warner Bros. confirmed it would do so over the weekend at Comic-Con.
Wonder Woman 2 currently has its release date all to itself, and WB has also scheduled unnamed DC films for Feb. 14, 2020, and June 5, 2020.
This article originally appeared on Entertainment Weekly
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement