Warning: This post contains spoilers for Game of Thrones.
While Game of Thrones fans everywhere were devastated when Hodor made the ultimate sacrifice to save Bran from certain death at the hands of the White Walkers and their army of wights, Isaac Hempstead Wright — who plays the young Stark — may miss the gentle giant most of all.
“I’ve grown up next to Kristian Nairn — who’s the actor who played Hodor — for the past six years,” he told Conan O’Brien during a special episode of Conan filmed at Comic-Con International. “So to suddenly not have that literally big presence on set has been really sad. I miss my big, friendly giant.”
Luckily, the host had a sweet trick up his sleeve. As Hempstead Wright lamented his friend’s absence, Nairn slipped out of a door at the back of the stage for a surprise reunion. “I cannot believe we just had a happy ending on Game of Thrones,” O’Brien quipped as the pair hugged each other.
Watch the full clip below.
“The Queen’s Justice,” the third episode of Game of Thrones‘ seventh season airs July 30 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out