One man’s quest for cheese has become the latest internet-anointed viral plight.
The harrowing tale going around Twitter features a displeased customer’s valiant fight against clearly labeled butternut squash that he thought was cheddar cheese. Twitter tales are a wildly entertaining but not necessarily accurate grand tradition of the internet.
But according to innocent bystander James Dator who documented the whole ordeal on Twitter, this poor, poor reasonable man was all set to spread out the superior orange chunks — cheddar cheese — for his guests, but then something terrible happened. He realized he accidentally bought butternut squash.
Determined to set things right, he went straight back to the supermarket to exchange the “rabbit food” for the cubed cheddar. It gets crazier from there.
Turn on Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It” and read the full account below.
It’s like they never say. One man’s squash is the internet’s gift. The original tweet from Friday that started it all was retweeted 1,172 times and liked 2,889 times by Tuesday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org