What’s the name of that fictional character that contains the letters “asmido”? At least two people on a game show for literate people could not figure it out.
Competitors faced off on the Wheel of Fortune-like BBC competition Letterbox to guess the name of a man from classic literature. The result is the type of game show video clip that the internet was made to spread around.
Mashable spotted this emotional clip. It’s about how the right answer can be obvious, but sometimes still prove to be a massive challenge.
Best of all, it was even more challenging for the host, teammates and audience who were all united in their frustration as the contestants could not for the life of them finish the word.
“Does that open things up for you Lyndsey?” the host asks half in hope, half in exasperation. It did not. Finally, one team eventually gets a clue.
Watch the rising and falling action below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now