White House advisor and President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner has denied any and all collusion with the Russian government during the 2016 campaign ahead of a closed-door meeting with the Senate Intelligence Committee scheduled for Monday.
Several Trump associates are set to appear before Congress as various committees continue their investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
“I did not collude, nor know of anyone else in the campaign who colluded, with any foreign government,” Kushner said in a prepared statement released ahead of Monday’s meeting.
You can read Kushner’s full statement below. All bolded text is included in the original statement.
Kushner is set to make public remarks at the White House Monday afternoon following his closed-door testimony earlier in the day. Watch his statement above at 12:30 p.m. E.T.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time