Shannon Purser made Barb an icon during her small arc on Stranger Things — so iconic she’s been nominated for an Emmy for the role. So it was a thrill for fans when Purser showed up to the Stranger Things’ San Diego Comic-Con panel to surprise her old castmates.
When the panel’s host Patton Oswalt asked for fan questions, the first person to walk up to the mike was none other than Purser. Fans cheered as Purser asked the creators, the Duffer brothers, “Hi, I have a question: Is Barb going to be in season two?” She then came up to join the cast onstage.
Unfortunately for Purser, Barb is dead for good.
“No,” David Harbour, the actor who plays Chief Hopper said. “But there will be justice for Barb. Barb will be avenged.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy