Shannon Purser made Barb an icon during her small arc on Stranger Things — so iconic she’s been nominated for an Emmy for the role. So it was a thrill for fans when Purser showed up to the Stranger Things’ San Diego Comic-Con panel to surprise her old castmates.
When the panel’s host Patton Oswalt asked for fan questions, the first person to walk up to the mike was none other than Purser. Fans cheered as Purser asked the creators, the Duffer brothers, “Hi, I have a question: Is Barb going to be in season two?” She then came up to join the cast onstage.
Unfortunately for Purser, Barb is dead for good.
“No,” David Harbour, the actor who plays Chief Hopper said. “But there will be justice for Barb. Barb will be avenged.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving