Brie Larson did not come to San Diego Comic-Con to promote her role as Captain Marvel, Marvel’s first female superhero with her own movie. But head of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige made up for it by revealing concept art of the actor in costume. In the illustrated images, Larson floats above her enemies in red and blue.
Along with the art, Feige teased a few new details about the film. He confirmed that Samuel L. Jackson will indeed be in the movie as Nick Fury — and the usually eye-patched spy will have two eyes in the movie. The film will take place before the events of the first Iron Man movie in the early 1990s.
Feige also announced that the villains in the movie will be the Skrulls, an extraterrestrial humanoid race from the comic books that have created their own massive interstellar empire.
The movie is being written by Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman and will premiere March 8, 2019.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears