Following a recent report from The Hollywood Reporter that Affleck was attempting to gracefully bow out of playing Batman in future movies, Affleck emphatically said he will be starring as the Caped Crusader in a solo film.
“Let me be clear. I’m the luckiest guy. Batman is the coolest f—ing part in any universe, DC, Marvel,” he said.
“I’m so excited to do it. I think there’s this misconception that because I’m not directing it I’m not doing it,” he said during the panel for Justice League at San Diego Comic-Con. “But I’m so excited to be Batman.”
MORE: Jason Momoa Just Revealed Who He’ll Fight in the Aquaman Movie
But director Zack Snyder (who also helmed Batman v. Superman) stepped down from Justice League earlier this year due to a personal tragedy. Avengers director Joss Whedon has since taken over the film and is reportedly completing editing now. Still, it’s unclear how the two directors very divergent styles — grim vs. quippy — will mesh in the same movie.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now