Following a recent report from The Hollywood Reporter that Affleck was attempting to gracefully bow out of playing Batman in future movies, Affleck emphatically said he will be starring as the Caped Crusader in a solo film.
“Let me be clear. I’m the luckiest guy. Batman is the coolest f—ing part in any universe, DC, Marvel,” he said.
“I’m so excited to do it. I think there’s this misconception that because I’m not directing it I’m not doing it,” he said during the panel for Justice League at San Diego Comic-Con. “But I’m so excited to be Batman.”
But director Zack Snyder (who also helmed Batman v. Superman) stepped down from Justice League earlier this year due to a personal tragedy. Avengers director Joss Whedon has since taken over the film and is reportedly completing editing now. Still, it’s unclear how the two directors very divergent styles — grim vs. quippy — will mesh in the same movie.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'