If the future of Call of Duty were just the zombies stuff, I’d be a thousand times more excited about Activision’s annualized franchise. Of course the glass-half-full way of thinking about that is that it doesn’t really matter what the campaign or its linked multiplayer particulars wind up doing, because we get the superlative zombies stuff either way.
So without further adieu, here is the Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies trailer. It tells us next to nothing about what it’ll be like to play Nazi Zombies, settling instead for the usual jump-scares and loony scientist narration. But on this one I’m willing to give both Activision and Sledgehammer the benefit of the doubt, because the Call of Duty zombies side games have yet to steer me wrong.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was