If the future of Call of Duty were just the zombies stuff, I’d be a thousand times more excited about Activision’s annualized franchise. Of course the glass-half-full way of thinking about that is that it doesn’t really matter what the campaign or its linked multiplayer particulars wind up doing, because we get the superlative zombies stuff either way.
So without further adieu, here is the Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies trailer. It tells us next to nothing about what it’ll be like to play Nazi Zombies, settling instead for the usual jump-scares and loony scientist narration. But on this one I’m willing to give both Activision and Sledgehammer the benefit of the doubt, because the Call of Duty zombies side games have yet to steer me wrong.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving