If the future of Call of Duty were just the zombies stuff, I’d be a thousand times more excited about Activision’s annualized franchise. Of course the glass-half-full way of thinking about that is that it doesn’t really matter what the campaign or its linked multiplayer particulars wind up doing, because we get the superlative zombies stuff either way.
So without further adieu, here is the Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies trailer. It tells us next to nothing about what it’ll be like to play Nazi Zombies, settling instead for the usual jump-scares and loony scientist narration. But on this one I’m willing to give both Activision and Sledgehammer the benefit of the doubt, because the Call of Duty zombies side games have yet to steer me wrong.
Here’s the breakdown:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Matt Peckham at firstname.lastname@example.org