President Trump said he was “very disappointed” that the effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act had failed in the Senate.
Speaking in the Roosevelt Room in an impromptu meeting with reporters, Trump said his new plan was to “let Obamacare fail” and wait for Democrats to come forward.
“I think we’re probably in that position where we’ll let Obamacare fail,” he said. “We’re not going to own it. I’m not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it. We’ll let Obamacare fail and then the Democrats are going to come to us.”
Read his full remarks on the failure of the Senate health care bill.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time