Phil Wright, a choreographer and dancer, proposed to fellow dancer and his longtime girlfriend of 8 years, Ashley Liai while the pair were performing an elaborate dance routine together in front of a large crowd at Los Angeles’ Millennium Dance Complex. The couple sashayed perfectly in sync to the dulcet tones of John Legend‘s “You & I (Nobody In The World) until Wright stopped dancing to get on one knee and pop the question.
As might be expected, the crowd lost it before Liai turned around and tearfully accepted Wright’s proposal.
Watch the full dance routine, proposal, and Liai’s reaction below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time