Phil Wright, a choreographer and dancer, proposed to fellow dancer and his longtime girlfriend of 8 years, Ashley Liai while the pair were performing an elaborate dance routine together in front of a large crowd at Los Angeles’ Millennium Dance Complex. The couple sashayed perfectly in sync to the dulcet tones of John Legend‘s “You & I (Nobody In The World) until Wright stopped dancing to get on one knee and pop the question.
As might be expected, the crowd lost it before Liai turned around and tearfully accepted Wright’s proposal.
Watch the full dance routine, proposal, and Liai’s reaction below.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023