Fox News’s The Five contributor Lisa Boothe said in a Friday segment that the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee “would literally sell her daughter to be president, literally sell her only child to be president.” Boothe also called the 2016 presidential candidate the “most soulless woman on the planet.”
Chelsea defended her mom and shot down the nasty statements in a tweet Saturday.
“No, she wouldn’t. I’ve never doubted & always known I was the most important part of her life. Now as a mom I’m even more grateful to my mom,” the former first daughter and mother to daughter Charlotte and son Aidan, wrote.
The former Secretary of State shared a photo on Twitter last week of herself modeling a “nasty woman” shirt created by comedian Samantha Bee and the online fundraising platform Omaze to benefit Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles.
“Support Samantha Bee & Planned Parenthood & buy a Nasty Woman t-shirt!” Clinton wrote. President Donald Trump had called Clinton a “nasty woman” in the explosive third presidential debate in October 2016.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving