A large sinkhole opened in Florida Friday morning and has already swallowed two homes as it continues to grow.
According to ABC Action News in Tampa Bay, the sinkhole in Land O’Lakes began as the size of a small pool, and just before 8 a.m. E.T. Friday, a boat on the property fell in. Two homes then crumbled into the hole as it grew; Pasco County Fire Rescue told ABC that one home is entirely lost and the other is 60% gone.
According to CBS, no one was home at the time the houses fell into the sinkhole, but rescue crews saved two dogs.
Surrounding houses have been evacuated, and power has been cut off to the neighborhood.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror