1. How female politicians became our new American heroes.
By Laura Bogart at the Week
2. Almost every AI algorithm is biased.
By Will Knight in MIT Technology Review
3. For college students, a laptop in the classroom is vital for success, right? Not quite.
By Cindi May in Scientific American
4. Here is how we can counter future election interference.
By John P. Carlin in the Atlantic
5. We’re just beginning to understand how stress affects us over our lifetimes.
By Bruce McEwen in Aeon
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases