Seven people have won the state lottery more than 100 times over the past three years, an April report showed. One particularly lucky man has won 150 times since 2014.
An Orlando man claims to have won lottery prizes seven times, with his total winnings amounting to more than $1 million. Richard Lustig revealed his “winning lottery method” in a self-published handbook.
A couple from Portsmouth won two $1 million prizes and a $50,000 prize in the state lottery during one month in 2014. Husband Calvin Spencer said it was “a blessing from the Lord.”
This appears in the July 24, 2017 issue of TIME.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction