One way to repurpose an oddly shaped urban lot? Turn it into the world’s most colorful basketball court. That’s the idea behind this creation from French fashion label Pigalle and art firm Ill-Studio, which was first unveiled in 2015 and recently repainted–with help from Nike. Now the rubberized court, walls and hoops in Paris’ ninth arrondissement all have a sunset color scheme that Pigalle and Ill-Studio call their “interpretation of the future aesthetics of basketball and sport in general.”
This appears in the July 24, 2017 issue of TIME.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow