Good morning. These are today’s top stories:
Military plane crash kills at least 16
At least 16 people have died after a U.S. military plane crashed into a field in Mississippi, according to the Associated Press. It’s unclear what caused the plane to go down. The Marine Corps only said the aircraft had “experienced a mishap.”
Capitol police arrest 80 health care protesters
Eighty people who were protesting the Senate GOP’s health care bill at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. were arrested Monday, authorities said. The demonstrators were charged with crowding, obstructing or incommoding, according to the U.S. Capitol Police.
Amazon Prime Day is here
Amazon is offering more than 100,000 deals to Amazon Prime customers on its highly anticipated Amazon Prime Day. The mega online shopping event started at 9 p.m. Monday and lasts for 30 hours. Here are all the deals announced so far, on everything from ice cream to electronics.
Donald Trump Jr. was reportedly told of Moscow’s effort to help his father before meeting a Russian lawyer.
The Minnesota police officer who shot Philando Castile will be paid $48,500 in a buyout.
The puppeteer behind Kermit the Frog has left his role with The Muppets.
Coffee drinkers really do live longer, according to two new studies.
The Morning Brief is published Mondays through Fridays. Email Morning Brief writer Melissa Chan at email@example.com.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction