At least, that’s the case with rapper Snoop Dogg and actor Laverne Cox, who both enthusiastically took to their Instagram accounts to show their excitement over a clip of three kids who performed a spot-on rendition of “Listen,” the song that Beyoncé memorably sang in the film version of the musical Dreamgirls.
According to New Now Next, the kids are finalists on the the Filipino talent show Tawag ng Tanghalan Kids and were appearing on another show, Gandang Gabi Vice, where they performed “Listen” as flawlessly as the diva Queen Bey herself and promptly became an Internet sensation.
The performance resonated with more than just people online, however, with Snoop Dogg reposting the clip with lots of emoji to express his hearty approval of the musical talent.
Laverne Cox also approved of the young talent paying homage to Beyoncé and took to her own Instagram to share her support.
After watching these clips, it’s not hard to see why Snoop and Laverne were astounded by these young singers.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com