Simone Biles just nailed the art of the comeback like she nails a twisting somersault.
On Saturday the charismatic gold medal collector shared a selfie in Hawaii where she was on vacation with the caption: “resting beach face.” While many fans wished her well on her trip, one user expressed that she was enjoying too much time off.
“Seems like u have partied non stop for a year #trash #unfollow #suckya** rolemodel,” the Instagram user wrote.
Biles, who took her own sport to impressive heights by winning four gold medals and a bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics, opted to respond to the now deleted comment with the facts.
“Talk to me when you train for 14 years and earn 5 Olympic Medals,” Biles, 20, wrote. “I think kids would say otherwise. My year off is well deserved! Take a couple seats.”
She even posted screenshots of the offending comment and her own response to Twitter, telling her fans the criticism was offensive.
Since dominating Rio, Biles has competed in Dancing With the Stars, where she reminded judges that “smiling doesn’t win you gold medals” and guest starred on NBC’s Little Big Shots: Forever Young.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State