Lena Dunham’s boyfriend defended her amid her ongoing spat with a New York animal shelter over a dog the couple adopted from them.
Jack Antonoff, a music producer and Dunham’s longtime partner, took to Twitter Friday to share his side of the story involving their former rescue dog, Lamby.
The Girls creator has fielded criticism after detailing the behavioral issues that led to her finding a new home for Lamby in a lengthy Instagram post earlier this week. The Brooklyn Animal Rescue Coalition (BARC) disputed her claims that the dog exhibited aggression — which Dunham later addressed in a second Instagram post.
Antonoff tweeted that “nobody on earth cares for or loved Lamby more than Lena.”
The musician also said that the dog bit Dunham’s father twice and that they found a trainer who specifically works with aggressive dogs to care for Lamby.
Dunham delved into her connection with and love for Lamby despite his aggression and Antonoff’s allergies in a Vogue spread and in an essay for the New Yorker.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org