Palm Beach Gardens Police said in June that Williams caused a car crash that led to the death of a passenger in another vehicle. Police initially said Williams, driving a 2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV, ran a red light and caused a crash that injured 78-year-old Jerome Barson, who died two weeks later. Barson’s wife, Linda, was driving the vehicle.
Police on Friday said the newly-released video footage shows that Williams entered the intersection on a green light and stopped as a Nissan Altima passed in front of her. Williams was pulling forward through the intersection when Linda Barson’s light turned green and she entered the intersection, colliding with Williams’ SUV.
The crash is still under investigation, police said.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future