Palm Beach Gardens Police said in June that Williams caused a car crash that led to the death of a passenger in another vehicle. Police initially said Williams, driving a 2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV, ran a red light and caused a crash that injured 78-year-old Jerome Barson, who died two weeks later. Barson’s wife, Linda, was driving the vehicle.
Police on Friday said the newly-released video footage shows that Williams entered the intersection on a green light and stopped as a Nissan Altima passed in front of her. Williams was pulling forward through the intersection when Linda Barson’s light turned green and she entered the intersection, colliding with Williams’ SUV.
The crash is still under investigation, police said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow