A pair of police officers who were called to a North Carolina home over complaints about a homemade Slip ‘N Slide decided to go down the water ride themselves instead of putting a stop to the Fourth of July festivities.
Asheville police officer Carrie Lee and her partner, officer Joe Jones, arrived at the annual neighborhood block party earlier this week to respond to a report that the slip-and-slide was blocking the road.
“We looked at it and determined it wasn’t really an issue,” Lee said in a video interview that the police department posted on Twitter. “So the first thing I said, I said I’m not here to break up your fun.”
Lee can be seen in a video going down the water ride while sitting inside of a black garbage bag, much to the delight of both adult and children party-goers. Jones took a turn while sitting inside of an inner tube.
“My butt is wet,” he says in the video.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com