Some FBI employees chose to honor former director James Comey by wearing “Comey is my homey” T-shirts to a Family Day event Friday.
Shirts with the saying on them started being sold online by various outlets after President Donald Trump fired the former FBI director back in May.
Jimmy Kimmel said in May he was selling “Comey is my homey” shirts after delivering an opening-monologue about the firing. He said at the time he would use some of the money to send “a very nasty letter directly to the Oval Office.”
At least a dozen people were seen wearing the shirt at the annual FBI event for employees and their families, HuffPost reported, citing social media posts.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction