Some FBI employees chose to honor former director James Comey by wearing “Comey is my homey” T-shirts to a Family Day event Friday.
Shirts with the saying on them started being sold online by various outlets after President Donald Trump fired the former FBI director back in May.
Jimmy Kimmel said in May he was selling “Comey is my homey” shirts after delivering an opening-monologue about the firing. He said at the time he would use some of the money to send “a very nasty letter directly to the Oval Office.”
At least a dozen people were seen wearing the shirt at the annual FBI event for employees and their families, HuffPost reported, citing social media posts.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating