Whether people trust CNN or Trump more varied largely along party lines.
Of Republicans, 89% said they trusted Trump more, and 9% said they trusted CNN more.
Among Democrats, only 5% said they trust Trump more compared to the 91% who said they trusted CNN more.
Independents were split with 40% saying they trust Trump more and 55% saying they trust CNN more.
The survey found that adults also trusted the New York Times, Washington Post and network news programs like NBC, CBS and ABC more than the President.
The online poll surveyed 4,965 adults from June 29 to July 3, and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 points.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow