Princes William and Harry remembered their late mother Princess Diana on what would have been her 56th birthday.
Kate Middleton also attended the private service with Diana’s family Saturday at her gravesite in Northampton, England, the Today show reported. William and Kate’s children Prince George and Princess Charlotte also went with the family.
The private service was to “re-dedicate the grave of Diana, Princess of Wales at Althorp House,” Kensington Palace said in a statement, according to People Magazine.
The service was conducted by The Archbishop of Canterbury.
The 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death is two months away. William and Harry were 15 and 12, respectively, at the time of her death.
In 1997, Princess Diana died in a car accident in Paris.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org