President Donald Trump attacked Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski on Twitter on Thursday morning, blasting the show’s ratings and specifically targeting Brzezinski’s appearance.
“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore),” Trump said in a pair of tweets. “Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”
Brzezinski issued a subtle response on Twitter, tweeting an image that referenced a long-running joke about the size of Trump’s hands — something Trump himself infamously and crudely weighed in on during a Republican presidential debate last year.
“Never imagined a day when I would think to myself, ‘it is beneath my dignity to respond to the President of the United States,’” Mark Kornblau, spokesperson for NBCUniversal News Group, said in a tweet. MSNBC called it a “sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time