President Donald Trump attacked Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski on Twitter on Thursday morning, blasting the show’s ratings and specifically targeting Brzezinski’s appearance.
“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore),” Trump said in a pair of tweets. “Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”
Brzezinski issued a subtle response on Twitter, tweeting an image that referenced a long-running joke about the size of Trump’s hands — something Trump himself infamously and crudely weighed in on during a Republican presidential debate last year.
“Never imagined a day when I would think to myself, ‘it is beneath my dignity to respond to the President of the United States,’” Mark Kornblau, spokesperson for NBCUniversal News Group, said in a tweet. MSNBC called it a “sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Katie Reilly at Katie.Reilly@time.com