President Donald Trump attacked Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski on Twitter on Thursday morning, blasting the show’s ratings and specifically targeting Brzezinski’s appearance.
“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore),” Trump said in a pair of tweets. “Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”
Brzezinski issued a subtle response on Twitter, tweeting an image that referenced a long-running joke about the size of Trump’s hands — something Trump himself infamously and crudely weighed in on during a Republican presidential debate last year.
“Never imagined a day when I would think to myself, ‘it is beneath my dignity to respond to the President of the United States,’” Mark Kornblau, spokesperson for NBCUniversal News Group, said in a tweet. MSNBC called it a “sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears